Thursday, August 23, 2007

Busy Day?? -still

The wedding (solemnisation) is scheduled after zuhur prayer today.

Yes, yes, the wedding is in Kelantan (in Pasir Puteh, Kelantan to be precised), so why am I still in Ipoh..???

Well, my 'ever dearest' just came back from Bangkok for his business trip. He arrived in KL after midnight last night. We're be off in an hour or two, after he gets his beauty sleep. :p



So, I've completed the cookies. It's to be given as wedding favors among other stuff.



I've even managed to decorate some with the color that God's Slave chose (but why does it looks like blue in this picture? It's supposed to be light green, ok.)






And this is Laiqa's dress. Before that, have to remind you, the groom picks the wedding theme color...and it's orange. I'm not really fond of orange...but, will do...( I'm dark ok...won't look good in orange :)-we'll see.
Initially I planned to sew the dress myself, but my hubby 'brought' me back to reality...hehhehe...he said I already have tons of things to do...don't ever dream of sewing the dress. So , I sent it to this tailor. It's expensive...or is it the normal price nowadays...i'm not sure. I already have this particular design in mind for Adik's dress....when I pick-up the dress from the tailor...the design is not like what I imagine it to be. So I unstich almost 50% of it, add the organza skirting( because the initial skirt is not flowy enough), add the lace at the waist, some beadwork around the waist and neck and that's it.
When it's done...now I think it's very, very over the top (maybe it'll looks better if it's cream or white).

And this is a sneak peak of my dress(baju kurung). Notice the beadwork?? What do you think for a first timer? This is the front of the dress.
The material are sponsored ok....so, everyone in the family are going to wear this(but own design and style) to the reception this Saturday.

I'll post more pictures when I get back next week.
Now, I have to look for the right accessory. :)
Ta ta....











p/s hliza...if I have the chance, i'll get the rempah kerutuk for u.

8 comments:

13may said...

pesan nyok pandan buleh???

Dr Ezura said...

have an enjoyable day....

p/s: i really love cameron highlands..will surely go there again...the tartlets recipe is lovely especially the pastry crust...have a try..

HLiza said...

Now I really feel handicapped..I can't sew and especially not talented to cook good stuffs! I kind of like the orange colour too..but as you said, the tone needs to match your complexion. But I'm sure your girl will look grand and cute in that dress..apa lagi tangan mama yg buat! Have fun you guys.

Sisbee said...

Wow, Dr No those cookies look good, wonder why they came out blue in the picture though.I also like the bead work, you're just so domesticated it's actually amazing. Keep us updated on the wedding, I'd really like to see how it's done over there.

Cat Cat said...

Salam berkenalan.
I love your blog. Your kids are absolutely beautiful.
Your daughter's princess dress is so cute. Love your beads work. Very creative. Good job.

flush said...

rempah kerutuk.. apa tuu??

drNO said...

just got back home....

13may- nyok pandan...kalau kita belikan, last2 kita yg mkn sendiri... macam hang nk mai amik kat ipoh nih..

dr ezura- thanks :)

hliza- dark complexion like me...x sesuai la kaler oren...tp it's not that bad on the day...ok la...

sisbee- i'll keep u updated...may be later today or tomorrow...

drNO said...

cat cat- thanks...

flush- kerutuk;sejenis hidangan lauk (ayam @daging) origin dari kelantan... sedap..