I am so lucky to have a hubby like my hubby. Love you darling..
He never forgets all the important dates in our life. He remembers them more than me myself. I always get gifts on all those 'dates'. Including for Mother's Day.
Well, I got my Mother's Day gift a week earlier, since he's not home on the date.
You won't guess what I get (at least I don't think you would guess it correctly). Last week Mr AB was talking about buying me a new handphone. Not that my current handphone is no good, but, it's a man thing (*wink*). They tend to prefer all the latest gadget. So, he went out to get me a phone. And he came home with the present- a Nintendo Wii. hahhhahah... Lucky him, he knows me well enough. A game console matter more in my life than a PDA phone.
At the moment, it's 4.30am. I was banging my head to the wall prior to blogging. I feel like munching on the Wii remote, and throw the damn thing to the hardest concrete wall ever. I hate it, I hate it. I hate the st*%#d, f*&#@ing Super Paper Mario. It is so easy, but i could not pass that level. I've been trying the same level for the whole day. ARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH..... It was so close, and why do I have to be so clumsy. Hate it. Nope...I won't stop. I have to gain my victory!!
But, for now, have to get my sleep. Motherly duty awaits for me tomorrow. By tomorrow night...The victory will be mine....Bwahahhahaha
At last...at looong last...I'm back typing entry in my blog. I was around. I bloghopped, but not as much. Life has been busy. With the little baby started taking his few steps a month ago, life has been busier. The baby seems too happy with his two feet, and he had been using em to his advantage. venturing to new territories, discovering a whole new world. And so much for the 'mama's disdain, the result of the new adventure were, broken pots, clothes been pull out from the cabinet. plates and containers that were originally nicely kept in the kitchen cabinet, had been 'rearranged' all over the kitchen floor. And we can't leave the sliding door to the balcony open, he will sure makes his way out. Not to mention, the books from the racks, and the bathroom.
So many things happened in my life for the past month. Celebrated my 8th wedding anniversary on the 21st April, then the hubby's birthday the next 3 days. There were also the ups and downs, and etc, etc.
Let me share something about my anniversary.
Mr AB got back from India (or is it Japan??) a week before the day. He had everything plan- a weekend in Cherating, Pahang. Then get back to KL for a romantic dinner in KL Tower. But what really happened were, the resort in Cherating were full, so we headed down to Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan instead. The Water Chalet was magnificent, with see-through glass on the floor, open shower, a big tub, etc. The kids were excited looking at the water below, eventhough it's a bit murky. And they would yelled when airplanes flew by, everytime they were in the shower. The next day, it rain heavily. We can't even get out of the place (we need to walk quite a distance from the water chalet to the carpark). Then the car broke down in the hotel's carpark. Well, it was not broke down in a way, it's the key, it snapped inside the keyhole, and nothing could be done by the local mechanics. (that's a con point for using a digital European car). So, we got back to KL in the hotel's cab. And Mr AB, went back to PD to sort the thing out. And there goes the anniversary night.
Anyway, it was great. I have a lovely time, plus the misadventure. Some misadventure won't hurt the day. As long as i don't have to be stranded, camping somewhere where there's no proper toilet, and piping system...pheewww... (Have i ever told u, i never like camping).
And on the 24th April, was Mr AB's birthday. He was in India. So, it never was any celebration or anything. Bad, bad me for not planning anything when he got back. But bought him present, and cards.
Then there's mother's day, today. Mr AB is in Korea. But he texted me early in the morning wishing 'happy mother's day'.
This may look like an ordinary, cheap pen to all of you. But this pen had touched my heart so much.
On Friday, as usual, I picked Umar from school. As he walked towards the car, he shouted, 'Happy Mother's Day' to me. But what makes it so special, he gave me this pen as the gift. The thing that makes it extra, extra special, was that, he had been collecting his pocket money this week to buy me gift. After he gave me the pen, I asked him everything. He planned to collect RM4 this week for my gift. He wanted to buy a more expensive pen, a wrapping paper and glue. But the morning before I sent him to school, I have asked him to leave all the money at home and just bring rm1, because, you never know, he might just lost them. So, he said, he's a bit disappointed not being able to wrap it properly.
But, Umar, I don't mind. Your thoughts and you being a great son, is enough for me. You are so precious to me. I love you so much.
And to all of the mothers out there...Happy Mother's Day...
Hi there! Yup, It's me again- Munif Aydin. I'm 8 1/2 months now. More brilliant then ever.... Just want to share with you, what i was up to last few days. New day, new adventure. always being that to me. I was on a mission the other day. When kakak (Laiqa) was not looking, I grabbed her Sonia. Sonia is her favourite doll. She sleeps with Sonia, feed her, even bring her for a walk (inside the house) in Sonia's stroller!
When the opportunity knocked, I grabbed Sonia and brought it to the bedroom. I attacked the hands first, because that's the smallest part.
I chewed her hands, one after another. I wished I have teeth, but chewing would do for now.
Next, I bit the head. It's hard. Not much damage though.
Then, I pulled her clothes. Tried to tear it apart, but I guess I'm not that strong (yet!).
You want to know why I did this?
This is the reason why....
She tried to dress me like a girl!
So next time...think twice before you mess up with me. Mwahhahahhahah
Anyway, I like to tease Laiqa, even if there's no reason.
That is totally not correct. How come after a year and somebody could be none the wiser?? Everyone must be wiser or more knowledgeable one way or another. Wiser about life for instance. More experience, etc.
Another year gone by in my life. What have I gain last year? Many. All the bitter and sweet experience that makes life more meaningful. All the bad things that even how hard i tried to forget but couldn't (if only I have selective amnesia), but sure make me more matured. And the good things. What have I to anticipate for another year? Only the goods I hope. Please, please no more heart breaking, heart wrenching things.
I wish for a life full of love, full of good friends, full of sweet memories.
p.s.- that's the 'nice' wishes. the not so nice wishes- I want a kitchen aid mixer, iphone, macbook, new handbag, new shoes, a car, a house, some cash would do, bla, bla, bla....
p.s.s- Mr. AB, why oh why do u have to be in Germany? Your office always have very bad timing!
I have a dream A song to sing To help me cope With anything....
Well...once upon a time, I had this most ridiculous dream. I rather called it a fantasy rather than a dream, because i never think it will ever comes true. I was right about that. I fantasized my self being a model. Yup true...being a catwalk model. HAHAHA...as funny it may sounds It started when I was still in primary school. This fantasy grew up with me. It..well...let's say it ended when I was in college.
I imagined myself in expensive, beautiful dresses, with the right accesories, beautiful stilettos, walking down the runway, full of confident. On sleepless night, when i had trouble falling to sleep, that was what I do.
That was just too much, for someone who is not that attractive, rarely wears make up, and only wear flat sandals...
Anyway, on a second thought, I don't think I could live their life. Mmmmmm...n do they really change clothes in front of peoples backstage???
ok..ok..there are thousands or may be millions reasons of why people lie.
I am sure everyone did, at some time in their life.
Do you think you could get away with your lies? Please think before you do that again. Most of the time, you will get caught. You won't get away if you do bad thing, u will get caught one way or another.
Lies hurt people's feelings. Lies make people cry. Lies make whatever effort you made so far seems worthless. Lies make people not to trust you. Lies make people have doubt of your every move.
LIES HURT....full stop.
Someone, once, have shared with me that- never lie even if the truth hurts.
My current state- I am suffering from a nasty flu, with red eyes, and PISSED...
Laiqa Najma is four on the 21st March. I did not do anything special on the day. Mainly because, Mr AB not home. Secondly because little Munif and me are down with flu. Laiqa herself and Umar had just recovered from the flu bug.
Anyway, we (me and Umar) sang her happy birthday early in the morning. Mr Ab called to wish his princess a happy birthday. Then she requested me to bake her 'Dora the Explorer' cupcakes. And wanted me to buy her Barbie doll and a milk bottle for Sonia (her baby doll) for her birthday present. I leave the present part to the daddy when he's back from India (what?? another trip to India?? he must be really fascinated with the place or what..).
I postponed the Dora cupcakes until Mr AB's back. Anyway, amid my fever and headache, managed to bake her some plain 'red velvet' cupcakes.
She is four now. But I still think she is such a baby. So much different when Umar was four back then. Umar is more independent, friendly, talkative, etc. He is more mature. Laiqa is shy. She still is her father's baby girl.
Anyway, now she has two brother who love to tease her. One is Umar of course. He would tease her from the break of dawn till bedtime.
Notice that he is drinking from a pink Dora tumbler that belongs to Laiqa. He always does that purposely, so that Laiqa would scream her heart out and cry. And you haven't seen this boy in action in teasing her sister. He has got his own tricks too.
I am a nature lover, yes I am. I try to 'Go Green' as much as I could. It's hard to go green. Yes, it seems so difficult to love the earth, and to do our part in preserving it. And sometimes, it does seem more expensive. For instance, if we want to change all our cleaning products, from the usual brands (FAB, Breeze, Dynamo), to a more natural products, it'll cost us more. They are surely more expensive.
A bit of info here (yeah, yeah..some facts...just bare with me... hey, it's for your own knowledge ok!) Earth Hour is an annual international event created by WWF, held on the last Saturday of March, that asks households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change.
Just stop for a moment and 'stare', how many electrical appliances in our home are in stand by mode or are always switch on. And what a small gesture, to switch them off when not in use, and that alone can already make a difference. Thia small gesture actually helps (claims to save a few percentage of energy consumption, thus less CO2 released). May be it won't do anything to the 'green house' effect that is already worsening, but it create awareness.
Too much for your idle mind??? Let me try to put this in simpler sentence. - You out there who just think- the heck with the world! Just switch 'em off. You'll save money for your electricity. That extra cash, sure will comes needy.
On 28th March, 8.30pm, I'll be watching the TV in the dark, with the fan on. Hehhehe..does that make me a hypocrite? Mmm... May be I could turn off the TV too. Candlelight dinner...anyone??
The lovely lieyn tagged me. As usual..I am being a good sport...hahhahah...so, here it is. (This tag is moving here & there in fb too ;p )
Keep this going. Type out the sentence you end up with in the TITLE of your note and tag your friends.Have fun. :D
Pick the month you were born:
January-------I kicked February------I loved March--------I karate chopped April----------I licked May----------I jumped on June----------I smelled July-----------I did the Macarena With August--------I had lunch with September----I danced with October-------I sang to November-----I yelled at December-----I ran over
Pick the day (number) you were born on:
1-------a birdbath 2-------a monster 3-------a phone 4-------a fork 5-------a snowman 6-------a gangster 7-------my mobile phone 8-------my dog 9-------my best friends' boyfriend 10-------my neighbour 11-------my science teacher 12-------a banana 13-------a fireman 14-------a stuffed animal 15-------a goat 16-------a pickle 17-------your mom 18-------a spoon 19------ - a smurf 20-------a baseball bat 21-------a ninja 22-------Chuck Norris 23-------a noodle 24-------a squirrel 25-------a football player 26-------my sister 27-------my brother 28-------an iPod 29-------a surfer 30-------a homeless guy 31-------a llama
What is the last number of the year you were born:
1--------- In my car 2 --------- On your car 3 ----------- In a hole 4 ----------- Under your bed 5 ----------- Riding a Motorcycle 6 --------- sliding down a hill 7 --------- in an elevator 8---------- at the dinner table 9 -------- In line at the bank 0 -------- in your bathroom
Pick the color of shirt you are wearing:
White---------because I'm cool like that Black---------because that's how I roll. Pink-----------because I'm NOT crazy. Red-----------because the voices told me to. Blue-----------because I'm sexy and I do what I want Green---------because I think I need some serious help. Purple---------because I'm AWESOME! Gray----------because Big Bird said to and he's my leader. Yellow--------because someone offered me 1,000,000 dollars Orange--------because my family thinks I'm stupid anyway. Brown---------because I can. Other----------because I'm a Ninja! None----------because I can't control myself!
Now type out the sentence you made, write 'em in my comment box and also as the TITLE line and tag your friends in the note!
Now comes an entry that is more educated compare to just the usual entries-'blabbering of a mom of 3'. hehhehe.. ( Ms D asked me about GLA the other day. So, here goes..)
Gamma Linolenic Aid, or GLA in short. It is an essential fatty acid, found primarily in borage seed oil, evening primrose oil or blackcurrant seed oil. Essentials fatty acids (EFA) are a group of fatty acids that is needed by the body, but could not be produce (in the body). It has to be taken from food.
I will just give a short info about it, rather than go into all the medical jargon of GLA.
Researches found that GLA has an anti-inflamatory properties. If taken regularly, it will combat all the illness that is caused by inflammatory response, such as, PMS, arthritis, autoimmune diseases or eczema.
GLA is sold here as a dietary supplement, in a capsules form.
Get ready...another entry of me bragging about my kids. This time, it's about Umar.
He turned seven on the 13th March 2009. ( a late entry..ya, ya, I get it...me too busy to write about his birthday on the date) Happy birthday to you Umar Farouq. Be less naughty.
I hope your classmates and teachers enjoyed the cupcakes and cookies yesterday. I am always proud of you.
p.s.- Umar, please do not finish a bottle of shower gel in 2 days. Please do not leave your dirty clothes on the floor. Please keep your stationaries away from your baby brother. Please treat Laiqa better, because she is your SISTER! And NO, we CANNOT trade her for a PSP!!!
p.p.s- pheww..I manage not to brag about anything...:)
One thing you should now, never to ask people about their kids, be it their kids are still kids, or already adults. The parents will start telling you everything about them...bla..bla..bla...
Recently, 'saya' has been asking about Laiqa (kakak). Lately, I rarely posted pictures of the kids, compare to last time. Anyway, just for your pleasure.... (gag reflex ready, guys... I might be exaggerating about her...hahhahah) ta da...presenting Miss Laiqa... She's going to be four soon.
So, guys...next time think twice... or you'll be presented with a stack of my kids photos...muahahhahahha...
It's a good application, if not great. It shows you the world map, and what you have to do, just pin (mark) the places you have been to. The question that arise is, what is the purpose of this to be link in your blog or homepage? For your own knowledge (u could put that in your journal)? Your friends keep asking about the places that you have been to, and you get tired of answering? Or you simply link it there without knowing the purpose? You didn't realise it was there? Or is it showing off? ahhahahh Anyway, I am sure you have your purpose, and I respect that. May be it has something to do with your life , or the entry you are posting, etc. May be I envy you who travel a lot. I do entitle to be jealous, don't I. It's either your job need you to travel or you inherited such wealth that makes travelling is second to nothing. If I pin the map, there would be only a few dots here and there. Hhahha, so, toss the map. Don't need them. As for now, let just say I am travelling extensively...through the travel channel. (hmmm...how pathetic) Anyway, the gist of this entry is- I am jealous with Mr AB who are travelling extensively all over the world. So, AB, you better snap as much photos, buy me something from there, and tell me the place is not that great as it sounds. I mean, this time, it's just Goa...what could be great in Goa, other than the picturesque scenery, white sandy beaches, good weather, cheap food and nice hotels. And stop staring at the bikini babes!
I was being interviewed by the adorable HLiza, in JANUARY. Yup, you read it correct, January. And I only complete it now. Actually I did answer some of it, but then I've delayed posting it, until march. My bad.
1. You're a medical doctor by profession. What makes you quit the job? Do you see yourself returning back to that field at some point of your life and if yes, when?
My husband forced me to quit. Hahhahah...just kidding. Many of you must have said, 'how terrible is her husband'. Well, in fact, he's a saint (almost! because he did make mistakes too that make me feel like strangling him hehheh). He gave me total freedom, but he did give me his point of view. Hmm..I didn't call it 'quit' though. Because for me once you are a doctor, you will always be. I just resigned from the goverment. I am always in the field. I give advices, consultations, etc. It just I did not return back to working the whole day in a hospital. My heart is always in this field. It's always my passion, my ambition from the moment I knew what the meaning of 'ambition' is. Only to be taken aback by the fact that doctors have to dedicate their whole life to work. I used to spend most of the time at work than at home. Home was only a place to sleep. Yup, really. I have my other reasons too, but, I'll blog about it next time, may be.
2. What 3 principles of life that you live by?
i. do unto others as you would like others do unto you ii. live life with no prejudice iii. Life is full of choices, why force yourself to do things that is against your heart desire.
3. Is there any period or era in your life that you wish you could change? Why?
My teenage years. I so hating it. I think I was extremely ugly then, with all the bad decision. I pick the wrong dress, wrong shoes, wrong glasses. Even the wrong words when I talk. I think I might have been a geek. I read books all the time, while my classmates play netball or enjoying the days socialising. My dad was extremely protective too. I don't even have many photos of me during those years.
4. What are your traits that you wish your kids will inherit and what are the ones that you really really really wish they won't?
Inherit:- Smart, kind hearted (I think I am) Wont inherit:- impatience, stubborness
5. Name one thing that you feel you're most talented at and how does that talent shape your life so far?
I am soo good in window shopping. I can spend the whole day doing it, but I can only spend 30minutes jogging and get bored. This talent has make me slim even after 3kids. Hahhahhahhah
Here you go moms - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste for yourself!
Let's see how much you remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Nope. Just go with the flow.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yup. Of course.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Not surprise. :)
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24 years old.
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Its not a rocket science. We already 'suspected' that I was pregnant. So we bought a urine pregnancy test, just for confirmation.
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? We were in UK at the time. I did not really tell anyone. Mr AB, is so 'busy body', he always know without me telling him. Then there's my MIL. She called, and she just guessed it I think, and started counting the due date. (She was a midwife). And later, I have to come back to Malaysia for my convocation, but I was unable due to my morning sickness which was at its worse that time. So, I called my parents to tell them I was not well. They kinda guessed it too. In short, I did not tell anyone.
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Well yes. With all the technologies around, why we should wait. Plus everything on sale are colour coordinated according to gender, I don't want to end up buying only white clothes for the baby.
8. DUE DATE? 7 March 2002
9. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? 13 March 2002
10. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 3.5kg ( and you know what, he is by far, the 'lightest' among my 3 kids!)
11. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? yes. terribly. Not much vomitting though. But always noxious. Can't smell lots of stuff. We planned a lot of things and have lots of places to go while in UK, but all have to be put off.
12. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Cadbury Flake. Thank God, opposite our place there's this groceries store, so, not a problem if I had the craving in the middle of the night.
13. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Mr AB exhaling near my face., intentionally or unintentionally.
14. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? boy. 15. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? no.
16. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 20kgs
17. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? nope.
18. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? nope.
19. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? no.
20. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ipoh Pantai Putri Specialist Hospital
21. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 3 hours
22. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? The 1 who made me pregnant in the first place.
23. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Same as question 22.
24. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
25. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? No medicine. Just the Entonox.
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Umar Farouq
27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Going to be 7 years old in 2 weeks time.
Today...tonight to be precise, while the whole house is fast asleep, I am all alone, cleaning the house. I'm in the middle of all the household chores, just stopping by, to jot a new entry in my blog. Take it as taking a short break, before I am off to the kitchen to mop the floor. It's a hard work. What makes it harder is knowing that tomorrow, before the sun manage to shine straight ahead, the house will be in its disarray state again. How 3 small kids manage to muddle things up in just a short 5minutes. Anyway, I am still cleaning the house today, shining places that never been shone before. All this because...my parents are coming tomorrow. Hehehheheh.... And because I know, whenever they are here, the place will never ever be untidy or in mess. I don't know how my mum does it, but she manage to keep everything in place back again, eventhough the kids keep throwing everything everywhere. And tomorrow, the kids will be less clinging to me, and will run around the grandparents and its their turn to be driven mad. Hahahahaha... Okay, enough break...back to the waiting chores. Ta da...
Clean up, clean up Everybody, everywhere Clean up, clean up Everybody, do your share
That's my statement in my last entry, which has raised some questions. (including the one from SSQuo and lieyn )
Well, that's my point exactly- there is NO big deal about it. It is as normal as can be. It is not like I married a foreigner or something that make it so out of ordinary (anyway, marrying a foreigner is not 'extraordinary' to us, however it is, for some of the 'makcik2' and 'pakcik2'(aunties and uncles) here, especially in my 'kampung').
However, my Mr AB, doesn't (or I rather said, never) think that they are ordinary or plain. Nothing is plain about the Kelantanese. They think they are so special, above average, with the 'always right and never wrong' kinda attitude. At least that is what Mr AB claimed them to be. 100% agreed by his brothers and cousins, and fellow Kelantanese friends that I have met. For the men especially, rather than the women.
Let me brief you a bit about Kelantan. Please correct me if I am wrong, as me myself is not a Kelantanese, and I am sure some of you are. Kelantan is one of the state in Malaysia. It's in the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
Kelantan is famous with it's people- the Kelantanese. They have a certain kind of aura, wherever they go. They are very nice people indeed (hahaha..have to say this, if not Mr AB will be mad at me). They are so close in their own proximity, ie. among fellow Kelantanese. Even if they never meet each other before, they could be the bestest of friends regardless of age, work status, or anything, once they say 'hi'.
However, they can also be too 'racism' or according to Mr AB, the 'togetherness' among fellow Kelantanese. They help each other to such an extent. Do not messed up with a Kelantanese. You create trouble with one of them, the whole clan will come and smack you for that.
The Kelantanese also have the tendency to marry fellow Kelantanese. It is like that, long long time ago, but I guess some of them have 'evolve'. Many does not, but I'm sure the original aunty from there, would prefer a Kelantanese daughter-in-law. This what makes me different in Mr AB's family. When we got married, I was the only non-Kelantanese in his extended family. It's a bit weird though. But thank God, my MIL, was so sporting. She didn't mind about it at all. However, I sometimes did have trouble understanding what they are saying.
Malaysian are fully aware of this, as the Kelantanese manage to create some kind of stigma about themselves.
I did google about it, and this is what came out in Wikipedia. I think those paragraph really describe them well.
Kelantan Malays consider themselves an unusual breed. Kelantan Malays also note differences between themselves and the Malays of other states.
Kelantanese Malay dialect is distinguished from standard Malay as well as other Malay dialects by its unique grammar, pronunciation and figures of speech.
So, I hope that answers all the questions that arised. Anymore questions? You are free to ask. May be I get the Kelantanese guy himself to answer them for you. Or if you are one of them (HAHA 'one of them'- sounds like you guys are some alien freak from another world) you might want to express your opinion as well.
p.s- sorry if you did not agree with any of the content of this entry, or any of it offended you. I do not want to raise any issue here. Just my humble two cents opinion. :)
Hmmm...what should I write about today?? I could just write about anything, but...
May be I should just complete my 'homework'. My niece, Nadiyah has tagged me in facebook. But I think I rather answer the tag here.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
well, let's give it a go
1. I am the youngest of 4 siblings. The only girl, and my 3rd brother is 12 years older than me. However, I am NOT spoilt.
2. I did not miss my teenage years, because I was so ugly then, (as if I am pretty now, it's just I was uglier), with lots of pimples, not popular, and I always make a wrong decision.
3. I love reading so much. The maximum time I could go without a book is a week, then I would go nuts. I start to feel that my brain is becoming inactive and decaying. Reading is like the sun to the plants. If I am out of book to read, I could spend time reading the labels at a shower gel bottle, or the shampoo bottle, or anything that have words on 'em.
4. I love browsing catalogues. Be it, a catalogue from Argos, or Ikea, or whatever it is.
5. I used to have a secret dream (well, not a secret anymore), to own a bookstore. A cozy place, with a homely atmosphere, that everyone can wind-up, reading, with a cup of coffee. But, hey, don't think that is possible anymore. There are always 'Borders' or 'MPH' if you wanna get cozy reading.
6. I used to have pet cats. But have given up the idea of a pet since I have kids. I need my spare time to read, not cleaning some pets poo.
7. I would never ever betray a friendship. And that's a fact, no question ask. And I expect the same from you too.
8. I like baking. If I was given 30 minutes, I would bake a cake rather than folding the clothes!!! I baked my first cake, a chocolate cake, when i was 9years old, alone! with frosting.
9. I am so proud becoming a mother, prouder than the moment I receive my medical degree.
10. I married a Kelantanese, so what's the big deal about it??
11. I studied in 7 schools from 7 years old to 17 years old. I hate the guts of one of it. Even looking at the picture of the school makes me noxious.
12. I am Malaysian. and hoping for a better Malaysia always.
13. I am too lazy to drive, Mr AB is lazy to drive too. But one of us still have to do that, and why it's always me?? Next month, Umar is going to school by bus!
14. I kiss my kids three zillion times a day. The number of kisses they get decrease with the increase of age.
15. I am always in the verge of becoming a slummy mummy, only to be rescued and becoming a yummy mummy. hehheheh *wink*
16. I am really thankful for the invention of washing machine, without it, my life would be worst. If the inventor is still alive, and within reach, I would have baked him some muffins. And also some for the inventor of vacuum cleaner...and steam iron...and food processor...and PDA phone and...
17. I love my laptop. It's an apple. Eventhough it's a rotten apple, I still love it.
18. I like watching CSI very much.
19. I can't make myself to watch the movie 'P.S. I Love You', even after a few attempts. I'll cry buckets only 10minutes after the movie starts. Same goes with the novel. I even skipped pages, but I always end up crying at every page that I read. OMG...so pathetic...me, not the book.
20. If you want to bribe me, get me a good novel and a cafe latte. My weakness which Mr AB is fully aware of, and taking advantage of it.
21. I could send my kid to school or go to mamak stall or do my groceries without taking my shower. Nobody gonna kiss u there... :p (oo'oo, slummy mummy..)
22. I only eat meat...good meat. I hate and would never ever eat any organs from any living species, be it a chicken, a cow, etc.
23. I love chocolates.
24. I am always in jeans/pants and t-shirt/blouse, rather than in baju kurung or skirts. It makes me difficult to walk. Even during my college years, my friends rarely sees me in baju kurung. If I wore one, they would ask..anybody died today?? hahaha
25. I think many people who reads blogs, will skip reading a tag. Hmm....
I bought this magazine yesterday, for no apparent reason. Well, may be because deeeep inside...... I mean very deep inside, I wanted to be health concious. That's my resolution year after year after year. But, i don't think there's any changes in my lifestyle yet. Still have 'the moments' where I need to have some ice-cream in the middle of the night. Or the intense craving for Cadbury flake chocolates. Or the regular need of a dose of hot creamy mocha. OMG, all that calory laden food and drinks are sure my favourite. And now I regret buying that magazine. I hate it, simple said. You want to know why... Now I start to feel guilty. Actually I kinda knew about this since loooong time ago. But rereading it in a very nice print, in a new magazine, makes the fact scarier to be digested. But rest-assured, this fact will be forgotten in just a few days...hahhaha.. I have the capabilities to stuff this kind of facts in the deepest part of my grey matter, so that, the next time I have the craving, it'll take a longer time for me to be reminded about the fact that WE NEED TO WALK FOR 70 FREAKING MINUTES just to burn off the calories from 1/2 cup of ice cream (and that's for 1/2 cup!). That will buy me time, the next time I feel like having my midnight dose of ice cream, at least I have eaten one or two spoonful before I remember about this. Hehehehhe...
p.s. reminder..do ward off those midnight craving.
Rules: Post the list on your profile replacing my answers with yours. Tag 25 people to do the same. Don't forget to Tag me back.If I tagged YOU, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Once upon a time, there was this president of Egypt, Anwar El Sadat. At that time, my parents only have 2children and both are boys. He said to my mum, if they ever get a girl, she will be named after that president's daughter. A few years after that, they get another boy. Many, many years later, I came to this world. And well, my father is a man of his word.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Aiyoo...cannot reveal about this. What I can say- my tears are cheap lately. :p
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yup. My handwriting is HORRIBLE. Blame it to my profession...didn't all of you always say that. If the handwriting can't be read, it's like a doctors' handwriting. Well, mine is. When I was still in school, whenever someone mention how horrible my writing is, I always answer- 'Well, my handwriting grads from medical school ahead of me'. But, I still love it. My Mr AB always have problem reading it even after all this years. Thank god I no more have to write love letters to him like we used to. Thanks to the hi-tech world. Thanks to emails, thanks to text messaging- I hear no more complains from him.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? chicken
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes. Honoured and proud to say I have 3 kids. Umar Farouq 7 years old Laiqa Najma 4 years old Munif Aydin 6 months
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Definitely
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Hmmm...I'm witty, I admit that. Sarcasm...hmm.. a bit harsh I think. Sarcasm for my hubby only.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yup, still have them.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? YES! That would be great, something to brag about later. Hahahaha... But if the opportunity really comes...hmm...I would think twice, but it does sounds fun.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Koko Krunch. Chocolate in everything, including cereals. This is so sinful. It's a cereal, but don't have that much fiber, and too sweet. And why on earth it's still is my favourite cereal??? Should change to something that have lots more fiber in 'em. (health concious pls.....)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I know I wouldn't if I got one. That's why I bought shoes without laces. Wait, I have a pair...come to think of it..nope, never.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate...
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? overall appearance- sexy, overdone, simple, trashy, elegant.
14. RED OR PINK? I think I like red, but the other day, when I have this conversation with my niece, she noticed that my daughter loves pink, and she said, "Laiqa is like you. Your room in Perak(my parents place) is pink, with pink bed, bedsheet, cupboard, curtain, walls, etc". Anyway, I think I've outgrown pink from my system. Red is my new pink (not that new, I've change to red since I hit my teenage years). 15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Procrastination and impatient.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? At the moment, I miss my AB the most. If the questions is 'what', then it shud be-I miss being alone with Mr AB. It's must have been years. I think the last time we go out alone was 2years ago. I miss sightseeing with him, watch movies, the romantic dinners. And now, wherever we go, there are always this 3 little people tagging along. It's great though, but sometimes, I do miss the 'dating' years.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?? Yup.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Pink (and I said I like red...hahahahah) Not wearing shoes.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Nothing. It's midnight. The kids have gone to bed. This is one of the many precious moment of my day. Alone with my laptop.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Maroon. Luv it, luv it, luv it.
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? The smell of cookies that is baking in the oven.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My dad.
23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS NOTE? Yup, her writing never fails to make me smile.
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? mmm..sports??..mmm...
25. HAIR COLOR? black
26. EYE COLOR? black
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yes
28. FAVORITE FOOD? Chocolate ice cream.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I like watching scary movies. But a movie with a happy ending can make me feel good, and satisfied, and happy, elated, etc, etc.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Sex and The City. It took me 3 days to finish that. Laiqa and Munif sleep at around 12 (eventhough I keep sending them to bed at 10!). So, by the time they are asleep, I'll be too tired and sleep too. If I'm not that tired, I'll blog. But I really wanted to watch 'Sex and The city' and I don't think it's a movie that is appropriate to be watch with the kids. So, since the last 3 days, everytime they went to bed, I watched the movie. About halfway, the baby always woke up to feed. Then continue watching again the next day, and the next. Finally, finished watching it just now. I still have a few movies to watch. Wished I could watch it again without interuption. Keep wishing...
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Pink (NO...this can't be true...wait, I'm going to change into another one) Now, I''m wearing blue. :)
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Mmmmm...spring???
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs and kisses... :)
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Chocolate ice cream (nope, won't get tired of this)
35. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? 'Secret Diary Of A Demented Housewife' by Niahm Greene. Just finished reading 'Where Rainbows End' by Cecelia Ahern. I may not have ample time do things for myself. But I read while I feed the baby.
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't have any.
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Didn't watch tv last night.
40. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Silence. I used to hate silence. But now, I rarely get that, and I grew fond of it. And Munif's babbling.
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Mmm...neither.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Newcastle, England.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Can't think of any.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
45. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? All of you who read this and have time to finish this.
46. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? Chatroom.
Phew....what a long one, and I have been delaying it for such a long time. But very interesting. Thanks Cathy for this tag. Really have fun answering it. You too are most welcome to answer this:)
P.S. - I am very busy lately. But I did read all of your blog, while the baby on my lap. So, it's kinda difficult to leave comment. But I do enjoy reading them.