Found this recipe in an internet cooking site. It has hundreds of good review.
I tried this. My 'ever dearest' like it. As for me- it's not my type. I never like bread pudding.
Anyway, it's a good recipe. Anyone who loves bread pudding should tried it.
* 6 slices day-old bread
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 2 cups milk
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.