Monday, May 14, 2007

Black Bottom Cupcakes


I made these today. I found this recipe somewhere in the internet a few months back.
It sounds delicious, plus it has hundreds of good reviews. So, why not, another one for my collection.
It took me a brief 15 minutes to prepare everything and around 25minutes to bake.
This is one of the easiest recipe that I have ever tried.
After baking, it smells wonderful.
The taste- not really my type of cake. Love the chocolate part (always love chocolate), however, the taste of chocolate together with the cheesy part, hmm...not for my tastebud. Anyway, i'm sure those who loves chocolate and cheese, will love this. (BTW, I'm not really fond of cheese, that might be the minus point for me :))

INGREDIENTS

* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups white sugar
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2/3 cup vegetable oil
* 2 cups water
* 2 tablespoons vinegar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa, 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda. Stir in oil, water, vinegar and vanilla until blended. Pour mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
3. To make the filling: In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop a heaping teaspoonful of the cream cheese mixture into each cupcake. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping my blog....u have a such adorable kids....errr now tell me where u live coz i really want that cup cakes!!!!!!!