Yes...found the recipe.
Hhehehe..should have a better 'filing' system :)
I followed the recipe, but after step 8, the mixture seems very runny, so I added another 1/2 cup of flour. Wished I followed the recipe as it is, so that I would know how it will turn out.
Just want to share a story:
My daughter saw me pouring the coffee mixture into the batter. And she started asking questions like 'why you put coffee in there', 'you shouldn't put coffee, coffee is bitter'. Then she went to the fridge, took out the rose cordial(air sirap), and brought one whole glass to the mixer. And thank god I was th ere to stop her. When I asked 'what are you doing?', she replied 'you should put in this in(air sirap), it's more tasty than coffe'.I told her that today i am making coffee cake, she said 'yucks, not tasty'.
* 1 tablespoon instant coffee
* 1/2 cup warm water
* 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
Yield: Makes about 12 standard cupcakes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray muffin cups with vegetable pan spray or line with baking liners.
3. Combine instant coffee powder and water; mix well and set aside.
4. In large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time; mix well.
6. Add melted chocolate, vanilla and coffee mixture; mix well.
7. Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
8. Slowly add to butter mixture; mix well.
9. Spoon into prepared cups.
10. Bake 18-20 minutes or until center of cupcake springs back when lightly touched.
11. Cool in pan on cooling rack 5-8 minutes.
12. Remove from pan; cool completely.
SOFT MARBLE CAKE
4 days ago